Many PC users are fascinated by Microsoft products and prefer installing Windows OS. Because it has a lot more to offer and its user-friendly. But the only problem in which almost every Windows user is frustrated with is the major updates in Windows 10. Lately, the 1903 update became a headache for many Windows 10 users. Many things changed in this update, but if your computer can’t install it, what’s the point.
It’s not the mistake of the developers that Microsoft decided to force an update on its users. What else they could do, but just release an update for their respective software products. So if you have received a major update on Windows 10, but can’t install it, you might be facing trouble in installing new programs & software. It’s because your operating system is getting confused as if the file format is for 32 bit or 64 bit OS.
So your PC will keep delivering 0xE0000100 Error if it can’t configure the right product format. But if you are seeing this error, I’m here to help you remove it. Because I think, if you have bought a computer, you shouldn’t be bothered while performing any activity on it. That’s why I’ve drafted a fully tested guide of How To Fix 0xE0000100 Error in Windows 10. You need to follow multiple steps to get rid of the issue here. Let’s try to keep things simple & start the guide now.
Fixing 0xE0000100 Error in Windows 10
Windows 10 updates are not delivered to put its users under the bus. But they are introduced for the benefit of users who want to stay tuned with the current era of technology. So if you are unable to install updates and facing 0xE0000100 update error, then you are required perform some customizations in Windows 10. I’ve drafted all of the steps that will help you solve the issue, do follow all of them for your sake.
Disable Windows Firewall & Antivirus
- Open Windows Settings on your PC.
- Select Update & Security.
- Under Windows Security, select Firewall and Network Protection.
- Choose your connected network type.
- Now disable the Windows Defender Firewall toggle.
Run System File Checker via CMD
- Type CMD in the Cortana bar and open command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Execute the following command in CMD.
- Let your PC scan for files and try not to mess with it, while it is executing the process.
- When done, check if the problem is solved.
Reboot Windows Update Segments
- Again open the command prompt with the same administrator privileges.
- To stop Windows Update & BITS service, execute the following command in CMD.
net stop bits net stop wuauserv
- Now to delete qmgr.dat files, use & run the following command.
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
- To see the Windows register directory, use this command.
cd /d %windir%\system32
- Here you are required to execute the following commands one-by-one.
regsvr32.exe atl.dll regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll regsvr32.exe browseui.dll regsvr32.exe jscript.dll regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll regsvr32.exe msxml.dll regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll regsvr32.exe softpub.dll regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll regsvr32.exe ole32.dll regsvr32.exe shell32.dll regsvr32.exe initpki.dll regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll regsvr32.exe wups.dll regsvr32.exe wups2.dll regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll regsvr32.exe muweb.dll regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll
- At last, execute the following three commands individually and let them process in peace.
netsh winsock reset net start bits net start wuauserv
Use Bootable Pen Drives To Install Updates
If nothing seems to work for you, then the only solution left for you is to install the Windows 10 update via Bootable Pen Drives. Because there might be something wrong with your operating system’s files, that’s causing trouble in installing updates. So if that’s the case, first create a bootable Pen drive and then connect it with your PC. Afterward, run the Windows 10 update file from it.
That’s all, stay tuned to WindowsBoy for more.